A warm welcome to our community church
We are a kind, caring, small rural Christian community located in the villages of Etna and Hanover Center, New Hampshire. Our "yoked" single congregation includes members from the American Baptist Church, the United Church of Christ, and a range of other Christian backgrounds.
Our regular 10 AM Sunday worship service follows Protestant traditions and includes Nursery and Sunday school for elementary/middle/high school children and a post-service coffee/fellowship time.
Our regular Sunday morning worship is 10-11 AM. From Sept.-June services are held at the Etna Baptist church.
During July-August services are held in the Hanover Center Congregational church on the Hanover Center green.
Weekly announcements and upcoming events:
* Welcome to the Rev. Roger Spinney, our interim pastor who hails from Martha's Vineyard. Pastor Spinney's contact info is below the announcements.
* Last week both yoked churches selected 5 members each to form the new Pastoral Search Committee. We will commission the committee this coming Sunday and they will begin the hard work of preparing the call for a new pastor.
* Outreach Committee meeting will be immediately following worship Sunday Sept 22. The OC helps with community events and local community needs throughout the year. Please come if you have ideas for new projects or would like to participate in any projects. Contact Norma Pelton with questions:
*COMMUNITY HAM AND BEAN SUPPER, Saturday, October 12th, 5:30-7 p.m., Trumbull Hall at Etna Baptist Church, 195 Etna Rd, Etna NH. Delicious ham, homemade baked beans, coleslaw, breads, and scrumptious desserts. Donations accepted at the door; $10 per adult, $7 for 12 and under suggested. For more information, email: email@example.com
* SAVE THE DATE: Chicken Pie Supper will be on Saturday, October 26th at the Hanover Center Church. Seatings are at 5, 6 and 7 PM. Prices are: $12 for 13 through adult; $10 for ages 6-12; and free for 5 and under. Elaine Hawthorne will take reservations (643-2988 or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you want to help with the supper, please contact Elaine Hawthorne or Christine Hoskin (603-643-1617 or email@example.com) to offer assistance. All are welcome.
*PRESCHOOL HELPERS: Can you help out just once or twice this fall in our preschool room--read a story, or just supervise playing? No teaching required & snack provided. We need 2 volunteers each Sunday from Sept. 1 thru Dec. 22. Sign up at church or contact Laurie Wadsworth: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Zumba lessons are returning to Trumbull Hall in September! Our own Rhonda Fenton, a certified Zumba instructor, leads us in fun-to-do, easy steps to lively music. Come try it out at 5:45 p.m. on Mondays, beginning September 16. Contact Rhonda for more info: email@example.com
*The Etna Ladies Aid fall rummage sale will be Friday Sept.27 12-5 PM & Sat. Sept 28 9-12, which raises funds to help local community members in need and local outreach. Donations of household items in good condition can be dropped off Tuesday 9/24 at Trumbull Hall. Contact Susan Johnson for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Etna Gospel Group is our country gospel musical group who sings once a month in worship and monthly gigs at two local nursing homes. We are open to new members and are trying a monthly practice on the 4th Sunday from 4:30-5:45 PM in Trumbull Hall. Contact Marjorie Rose if you have questions or just show up if you are interested: Marjorie.email@example.com phone 643-7684
*Check out new story on the power of Bible translation--a project supported by our mission funds--from our June visitors, Pat and Todd Langille: www.tinyurl.com/langilles.
* If you would like to pray for our members in need, sign up to receive our weekly prayer email below.
Prayer requests or questions for the church secretary? E-mail the church at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact our Interim Pastor Roger Spinney: email: email@example.com or phone: 508-944-4536. The parsonage landline is: 603-277-2131 and the church office/ answering machine is 603-643-2618.