A warm welcome to our community church
We are a kind, caring, small rural Christian community located in the villages of Etna and Hanover Center, New Hampshire. Our "yoked" single congregation includes members from the American Baptist Church, the United Church of Christ, and a range of other Christian backgrounds.
Our regular 10 AM Sunday worship service follows Protestant traditions and includes Nursery and Sunday school for elementary/middle/high school children and a post-service coffee/fellowship time.
Our regular Sunday morning worship is 10-11 AM. From Sept.-June services are held at the Etna Baptist church.
During July-August services are held in the Hanover Center Congregational church on the Hanover Center green.
Listen to weekly sermons:
Weekly announcements and upcoming events:
* This coming Sunday NOV 17 is the deadline to contribute to OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD Please bring any school supplies, hair ties, comb toys, dolls, sporting equipment to church.
*The Pastoral Search Committee will meet on Wed. Nov 13th in Trumbull Hall at 6:30 PM. The Committee will announce shortly a variety of ways for the congregation to give their input when looking for our future pastor.
Deadline for articles/information for the next edition of The Yoke is Sunday November 17th. Please e-mail items to Carol Edwards at email@example.com
* Church member Florence Patten has recently returned home after knee replacement surgery. Our church is providing twice-a-week meals-- online signup at https://takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=XAAC6060.
* The Interchurch Council will meet immediately following worship/fellowship hour on Sunday Nov. 24th.
* This Thursday night (November 14th) is Craft Night! Contact Norma Pelton for more information or if you have any questions.
* Children and families in Christmas Pageant: Hanging of the greens schedule:
---Nov. 17 Rehearsal during worship
--Nov. 24 Thanksgiving baskets decorate
--Dec 1--No Sunday school/Thanksgiving
--Dec. 8 Dress rehearsal w/ lunch 12:30
--Dec 15 9 AM rehearsal and presentation
*ADULT BIBLE STUDY--really a conversation about the Bible--led by Pastor Spinney-- will meet 9 AM on Saturdays in Trumbull Hall with coffee and donuts.
* ADULT CHOIR is open to all and practices Thursdays 7-8 PM at Etna church and is led by our new choir director Christine Hoskin and accompanist Julian Wu.
*PRESCHOOL HELPERS: Can you help out just once or twice this fall in our preschool room--read a story, or just supervise playing? No teaching required & snack provided. We need 2 volunteers each Sunday from Sept. 1 thru Dec. 22. Sign up at church or contact Laurie Wadsworth: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Zumba lessons are back in Trumbull Hall! Our own Rhonda Fenton, a certified Zumba instructor, leads us in fun-to-do, easy steps to lively music. Come try it out at 5:45 p.m. on Mondays. Contact Rhonda for more info: email@example.com
* The Etna Gospel Group is our country gospel musical group who sings once a month in worship and monthly gigs at two local nursing homes. Contact Marjorie Rose if you have questions or just join in:
Marjorie.firstname.lastname@example.org phone 643-7684
* If you would like to pray for our members in need, sign up to receive our weekly prayer email below.
Prayer requests or questions for the church secretary? E-mail the church at: email@example.com
Pastor’s schedule: Pastor Roger Spinney will be in the area this week from Thursday through Sunday. As winter settles in, his planned weekly schedule could be influenced by travel conditions!
You can contact our Interim Pastor Roger Spinney: email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 508-944-4536. The parsonage landline is: 603-277-2131 and the church office/ answering machine is 603-643-2618.